This is a popular Indian breakfast dish known as poha(savory flattened rice). It is my favorite dish to make when hunger strikes as it literally takes 5 minutes to make it.
-poha(flattened rice)- 1 cup
-mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
-curry leaves- 5 to 6
-2 green chillies finely chopped
-1 potato chopped
-1 onion finely chopped
-green peas- 1/2 cup
– 1 tomato finely chopped
– cooking oil- 2 tablespoon
-roasted groundnuts 1-2 tablespoons
-1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 2 teaspoons sugar
– 1 teaspoon chilli powder
– salt to taste
– 1 lime’s juice
– coriander leaves
– Seave the poha(flattened rice) to remove any powder or small granules.
– Thoroughly wash the poha without breaking the rice. Remove excess water.
– Place the poha in a flat dish and pour 1/2 cup water over it. Let the rice soak the water for 10 minutes.
– Meanwhile add the cooking oil in a pan. When the oil is hot add in the mustard seeds.
– Once the seeds splatter, add in the curry leaves, green chillies and potatoes. Cover the pan for a minute.
– After a minute add the chopped onions. Stir well and cover the pan for a minute.
– Add in the peas and the tomatoes. Stir well and cover the pan till the vegetables get cooked.
– While the vegetables simmer, add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt and sugar to the poha( flattened rice) and gently mix it all up.
– After a minute, add the poha to the vegetables. Mix in the coriander leaves,lime juice and crushed roasted peanuts.
– Let it simmer on medium flame for a minute.
– Serve hot and enjoy.
Posted from WordPress for Android