Stuffed capsicum( bell peppers) is a main course dish that can be easily prepared by the most inexperienced cooks. I will teach you how to make stuffed capsicum Indian style( Bharwa ShimlaMirch). This is an easy and delicious recipe and you must try it.
– green capsicum- 250 gm
-3 large onions
– 2 tbsp cooking oil
– For the stuffing:-
3 large Boiled potatoes
1 cup boiled peas
Salt- 2 tsp
Red chilli powder- 1.5 tsp
Tumeric powder- 1 tsp
Coriander powder- 2 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Fennel seeds powder- 2 tsp
Dried mango powder- 2 tsp
Juice of half a lime
Garam masala- 1 tsp
Preparation of the stuffing:-
– mash the boiled potatoes and peas.
– Add in all the powdered ingredients and juice of half a lime and mix everything together.
– The filling is ready keep it aside.
Preparation of the capsicum:-
– Wash the capsicum properly before slicing them in half.
– Remove the seeds and core of the capsicum to prepare a cavity for the stuffing.
– Fill the capsicum with the stuffing properly.
– Cut the onions into cubes.
– heat the oil in a pan.
– Once the oil in hot throw in the onions and sauté them till they are soft.
– Once the onions turn translucent remove them from the pan.
– In the same pan carefully place the stuffed capsicum. Place the green shell of the capsicum facing downwards so that you don’t spill the filling.
– cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
– After 5 minutes remove the lid and throw in the cooked onions on the top of the capsicum.
– Cover and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
-After 10 minutes the capsicum must have cooked. Check the capsicum. If the capsicum is soft on touch it is cooked.
– Remove from flame and serve hot.
– This preparation can be eaten with Indian flat bread( roti or paratha) or it can be eaten separately as a main course dish.
Please leave a comment if you do try my recipie and like it!!