My 3 layered chilli and cheese grilled sandwiches with potato filling are the go to recipie if you want a blast of flavour in your mouth. Children love them as the chilli is not that empowering and cheese is every kids delight. Just like my other recipies this too is very simple and ever after a little work they taste delicious.
FOR THE GREEN CHILLI CHUTNEY:-
– 10-12 green chilies
– chopped coriander 1 cup
– chopped mint leaves 1 cup
– grated coconut 1/2 cup
– salt to taste
– juice of 1 lime
– olive oil- 2 tbsp
-water 1/2 cup
FOR THE POTATO FILLING:-
-1 large boiled potato
– 1 large onion finely chopped
– 1 large tomato finely chopped
– curry leaves -4-5
– boiled green peas -1/2 cup
– fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
– butter -2 tbsp
– salt to taste
– crushed black pepper – 2 tsp
– turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
– chilli flakes – 1 tsp
– dried oregano – 1 tsp
– juice of half a lime
AND – cheese slices
THE GREEN CHILLI CHUTNEY:-
( this chutney recipie can be used in several dishes or served as dip. It can be prepared and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week)
-put all the ingredients of the chutney recipie into a blender and blend it all up into a thick paste.
THE POTATO FILLING:-
– Heat butter in a pan and wait it to heat up.
– throw in the fennel seeds and the curry leaves.
– put the finally chopped onions into the pan
– Saute till the onions are golden brown. Once the onions turn golden brown add in the finally chopped tomatoes.
– sprinkle in the salt and turmeric powder, saute till the tomato softens.
– Mix in the boiled green peas
– Mash the boiled potato and mix with the cooked tomatoes,peas and onions.
– Mix the oregano, red chilli flakes and some crushed pepper.
– Remove from the flame and mix in juice of half a lime. Keep aside.
ASSEMBLING THE SANDWICHES:-
-Take 2 slices of bread for a sandwich.
– Spread a layer of chilli chutney on a slice of bread.
– spread a generous layer of potato filling on top of the green chilli chutney layer.
– put the slice of cheese on top of the potato filling and cover it all up with the other slice of bread.
– Butter the breads properly and grill them till they are golden brown.
– serve the sandwiches hot with ketchup.