There can be nothing better than this recipie as its the best way to feed the iron rich spinach and the vitamin B complex rich corn to all those people who squint at the mention of vegetables. It is a very healthy recipe and extremely beneficial for all age groups. This recipie is made in 2 simple steps 1) making the corn and spinach filling 2) preparing the white sause. So get ready to cook and enjoy these healthy and yummy sandwiches.
– corn kernels 1/2 cup
– spinach 1 cup
– oil 1 tsp
– sesame seeds 2 teaspoons
– salt to taste
– red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
– nutmeg 1 teaspoon
– all purpose flour 2 teaspoons
– milk 1 cup
– black pepper 1 teaspoon
– butter 1 tsp
– bread slices( tastes better with wheat bread)
– Grated cheese ( any cheese of your choice will work well)
– heat the oil in a pan and and boiled corn to it. Saute for 2 minutes.
– Add in the finally chopped spinach. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
– After the spinach gets cooked add little bit of salt and nutmeg powder. Don’t be very heavy handed with the salt as the spinach leaves are naturally salty.
– mix in the chili powder and the sesame seeds. Let it all cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
– remove the prepared filling from the pan and place it in a mixing bowl.
– To make the white sauce, to the same pan add the butter and the all purpose flour.
– after mixing it for 2 minutes on low flame stir in cold milk making sure that no lumps are formed.
– Once the sause starts thickening mix salt and pepper to it and remove from flame.
– mix the sause with the corn and spinach filling. Add in the shredded cheese as well.
– your filling is ready to be placed on the bread.
– Apply a good layer of the filling on a bread slice and cover it up with another bread slice.
– Apply butter on the bread slices and grill the sandwiches on a pan or you can also toast them in a sandwich maker.
– cut the sandwich in desired shapes and sizes and serve hot with ketchup.