There was a time when a hearty home cooked meal was the only thing that satisfied us. Only time we got to eat out was at social gatherings and events like weddings (well, I still love the amazing free food at the weddings). Then came the era of dinning out which we still associate with romantic dates and in my case blind dates. Laugh all you may but its true that you can barely go out on a blind date anymore as now we all prefer to date Netflix rather than another human being. We prefer spending weekends ordering in rather than going out and in this post I am going to explain why in just 6 points :-
- Cooking these days is an art and not a thing everyone knows how to do. After a long day at work people prefer to sit back on their recliners and enjoy their meals in front of their smart TVs
- Ordering in save time. Time taken to go to a restaurant and waiting time in the restaurant is a deal breaker for today’s impatient souls.
- Eating out alone can get lonely or it attracts unnecessary attention for men. For once all I want to do is eat my meal in peace and not entertain some random guy in his mid life crisis.
- If I go to a Mexican restaurant and ask them to serve me some nachos with mayonnaise instead of salsa, they would look at me like I am some primitive being who has no idea of how to eat. But at home I can eat what I want the way I want to eat it. We all have weird eating habits and would love to indulge in them without anyone judging us
- More options! I can order five different things from five different restaurants and enjoy them all at once. This is literally impossible while dinning out unless of course you were successful in cloning yourself five times
- There are so many discount and cashback offers available on online ordering websites. Its always cheaper to order in than dinning out and I love the idea of saving some money just to buy an extra dessert 😉
By now, I am sure I have been able to convince you that ordering in is definitely preferred by a millennial like me. But at the same time if you want to impress your friends on social media, you have get up, put on your best dress and go to a fancy restaurant to click eye catching pictures of beautifully plated food.
See you soon with a new blog post.